Message sent from:


What should you do if you are considering sending your child to Priory School?

  • Let us know you are interested in the School.  We will arrange for you to visit and we will visit your child in his/her current school.  We want to find out as much as possible about your child and we will try to give you as much information as you need.  We will keep in contact with you until you have made your decision.  We encourage parents to visit, where possible, while their child is in Year 5, or even earlier.
  • Speak to your child's current School Staff for advice
  • Contact the Croydon SEND team on 020 8686 4433
  • If you are from another borough, contact your local SEN team, who will make the referral to Croydon.

Local Authority Information for pupils with Special Educational Needs

The Children and Families Act 2014 has made changes to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEN) system – as from 1 September 2014:

  • A new 0-25 Education, Health and Care Plan will replace the Statement of SEN and Learning Difficulty Assessment.
  • The assessment process will be more streamlined – integrating education, health and care services and closer involvement of children, young people and their families
  • There will be an option of a personal budget for families and young people with an Education Health and Care Plan.
  • A new requirement for local authorities, health and care services to commission services jointly, to ensure the needs of disabled children and young people with SEN are met.

Another requirement of the Act is the publication of a ‘Local Offer’ of services so parents and young people can understand what is available. Croydon’s Local Offer is available on our Special Educational Needs web pages.  

If you or a person needing information on SEN do not have access to a computer or the internet you can:

  • use the public computers in Access Croydon, Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
  • use a computer (free of charge) in any Croydon library

There will be limited printed copies available in schools, colleges and local voluntary organisations. You can also contact SENreform@croydon.gov.uk to request copies of leaflets.

Hit enter to search